Enrolments into the JobKeeper Payment Scheme start from the 20th of April. There are important steps that need to be taken before and after enrolling into the scheme.
Wardle Partners understand that businesses are under immense pressure currently and the application process for JobKeeper payments can seem overwhelming. The legislation is complex, and it is important to ensure that your business is eligible before making any claims. The risk of claiming for the JobKeeper payments when you have not taken the necessary steps to confirm your eligibility, is that your business might be liable to repay any monies received. We would like to relieve some of the pressure off of you and your business and offer assistance in the following ways:
- Confirm eligibility of your business and compile workpapers required to substantiate your eligibility claim
- Identify all eligible employees in your business
- Enroll for the JobKeeper payments on your behalf from 20 April 2020
- Notify all your eligible employees of their nomination and obtain written confirmation
- Ensure your payroll process has been updated to correctly record the JobKeeper payments
- Complete the application to claim JobKeeper payments on your behalf from 4 May 2020
- Submit the required monthly reports to the ATO for the duration of your participation in the JobKeeper Payment Scheme.
If you would like us to assist your business in claiming JobKeeper payments, please contact our office. The deadline to enroll to claim JobKeeper payments for the first two fortnights is the 30th of April 2020 so do not delay contacting us if you need our assistance. We are here to help you navigate through these uncertain times.