The idea of being your own boss, working flexible hours, and having the possibility to make a lot of money is truly tempting. If you are one of those people, having a professional business accountant by your side boosts your chances of commencing your venture successfully.
Here are several aspects of small business they can help you deal with:
When running a small business, you need a system to ensure smooth operation of your business. Your accountant will assist you in keeping your business bookkeeping, tax, and accounting needs in check. Since their goal is to build a strong foundation for your business, they will:
- Help you open a business bank account
- Suggest to keep your business and personal expenses separate from each other and explain the importance of doing so.
- Track vital costs during the regular activities taking place within your business.
- Ensure that all accounting tasks are completed according to the rules and regulations of the government.
- Suggest an accounting software program that fits your needs.
- Analyse your finances, including your business plan.
- Help you choose the proper structure for your business.
The Growth Stage
As your business grows, we recommend working closely with a business accountant. They will give valuable pieces of information and advice, provide you with resources, and assist you in managing the procedure involved. Here are other ways your accountant can help you during your business’s growth phase:
- Create a business budget
- Limit your risk from getting audited by the ATO
- Guide you through the procedure of an audit, if chosen
- Give you tips on equipment, property purchase, and leasing
- Manage a portion of your financial activities
Ongoing business means your business has existed for at least six months. To maintain this standing, it must also have all the supplies and equipment needed for the operation. In addition, it should have been open for business to the public. Once you reach this phase, your accountant can assist you with the following:
- Make Informed Decisions
Although you probably know what’s best for your business, a second opinion definitely helps. This is especially true if this advice comes from a knowledgeable accountant with years of experience under their belt. They can give you accurate data and unbiased information so you can make the most informed decisions.
- Access Tax Deductions
Tax season can be stressful, especially for new business owners like you. Fortunately, with a tax accountant by your side, you can take advantage of tax deductions. These crucial tax refunds can be identified and maximised through out-of-pocket expenses, depreciation fees, and other overhead costs.
- Future Planning
The best way to ensure your business runs for a long time and stays successful is through developing the right plans. With the assistance of an accountant, you can remain competitive in the market by checking your previous months’ reports and performances and inspecting your company’s seasonality.
Entering the world of business can be exciting and fulfilling, but it takes a lot of knowledge and experience to attain success, especially if you are building a business from scratch. If you are a new business owner (or are planning to become one), hiring an accountant can open new opportunities for advancement for your business.
Wardle Partners is an accounting firm that specialises in bookkeeping, accounting, tax minimisation planning, and more. Since we launched our company in 1982, we made strength and passion the foundation of our practice. Contact us to learn more about how we can assist you!